Our Response to COVID-19
An update on protocols at Mount Lawley Orthodontics in the battle to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Mount Lawley Orthodontics remains committed to your care during 2020
To our valued Patients,
During this difficult and stressful time of COVID -19 we feel that it is appropriate to address some of the questions our families have surrounding their Orthodontic care.
It is our intention to continue to be available to our patients in active treatment for as much time as possible throughout the weeks and months ahead. Appointments may need to be rescheduled to an optimum time to keep the clinic at a manageable capacity. During periods of peak risk, the regulatory health bodies have recommended that we delay non -essential visits. This includes people in retention or growth phases. Some of these visits and recalls may be delayed. The Mount Lawley Orthodontics reception team will work with our Doctors to determine the recommended visit plan for each of our patients throughout the weeks to come and will be in touch should your appointment need to be rescheduled.
Our clinic prides itself on adopting the latest in hygiene techniques for our patients always, however these unusual times call for increased measures to keep you safe. Some of these include:
- Hand sanitiser that has been placed at regular access points throughout the building. We ask that our families use this both on arrival and departure from our clinic for as long as we are able to source this product.
- As recommended by the latest ADA guidelines, we request that our patients rinse with a Chlorhexidine based mouthwash at the commencement of their visit with us. This germicidal rinse reduces oral bacteria.
- Staff are committed to staying up to date with the very latest recommendations regarding health practices and are up skilling online in addition to their efforts with everyday patient care. Wiping and washing common surfaces such as door handles benches and counter tops is now routine.
- Unfortunately given the present situation the sinks in Reception are closed for toothbrushing. We kindly ask that patients perform these necessary ablutions at home, prior to their appointment. Guest toilets are now only for emergency use.
- Wherever possible for patients in active appliances we ask that they attend the treatment room/area independently. This minimises the risk of virus spread. Parents and siblings are requested to remain in reception where social distancing measures have been established. Alternatively, you may prefer to wait for your loved ones in the fresh air on the veranda of our relaxing front courtyard garden or in your car. Please stay in touch with our reception team via phone if you elect to wait in your car or outside so that we are aware of your arrival for your appointment.
- Unwell patients or those required to quarantine please do not attend visits but instead contact our team to reschedule and discuss relevant care alternatives.
Finally, if you have any queries or cannot attend the clinic as planned our team is available by phone throughout usual office hours to discuss your situation on PH: 93716088.
We recommend that patient families monitor our Instagram and Facebook sites for the latest updates to our practice protocols throughout 2020.
From everyone here at Mount Lawley Orthodontics we wish you and your family all the very best in the days and weeks ahead.
Fiona Hall and the team at Mount Lawley Orthodontics